Red & Yellow Creative School of Business is a CHE-accredited Private Higher Education Institution headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa. It is an established cornerstone of the South African marketing, advertising and design industries, teaching its students and alumni to think creatively in business and equipping them with the critical commercial and 4IR skills that they need to thrive in a digital world.
Established in 1994, Red & Yellow Creative School of Business offers degrees, advanced diplomas and certificates in marketing and commerce, digital marketing, user-centered design, graphic design and art direction, copywriting and digital content creation. The School also offers a range of popular online short courses and certificates, and its highly-regarded corporate training team works with some of Africa’s biggest and best-known companies to deliver innovative, customised programmes focused on 21st Century skills. Red & Yellow has deep, longstanding ties with industry and works intimately with leading brands and agencies throughout Africa to ensure its students and alumni are always world-class and work-ready. Its students are regular nominees and winners at local and international awards ceremonies, including the Loeries, Pendorings and D&ADs.
The School is also the publisher of the world-renowned textbook “eMarketing: The Essential Guide to Marketing in a Digital World” (now in its 6th edition), which is prescribed by universities across the globe and which has been downloaded over 1,000,000 times.
Red & Yellowdevelops its own programmes and courses internally in response to market needs and technological developments. Its specialist team of Instructional Designers, together with the academic team, mould the qualifications according to the highest pedagogical standards, often working with industry leaders to tap into their knowledge and experience gained on the ground.
There is a strong focus on practical implementation to ensure that knowledge turns into know-how, amplified by the inclusion of ten uniquely human skills like critical thinking and negotiation to ensure that graduates are prepared for the 21st Century demands of the workplace and highly employable.
The Business School currently offers a range of future-focused Programmes, Certificates, Short Courses and Skills Programmes – delivered either face-to-face or online – that spans advertising and communications, creative disciplines, critical digital marketing skills and highly-sought after future focussed skills like user centred design and design thinking.
Fulltime On-Campus Accredited Programmes
- Bachelor of Commerce: Marketing (3 years) | NQF 7
- Bachelor of Visual Communication (3 years) | NQF 7
- Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Advertising Communication (1 year) | NQF 7
- Advanced Diploma in User Centered Design (1 year) | NQF 7
- Advanced Diploma in Copywriting (1 year) | NQF 7
- Higher Certificate in Graphic Design (1 year) | NQF 5
- Higher Certificate in Creating Digital Content (1 year) | NQF 5
Part-time online Accredited Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Digital Marketing (2 years part-time) | NQF 7
- National Certificate in Advertising: Digital Marketing (1 year part-time) NQF 5
- National Certificate in Design Techniques: User Centered Design (1 year part-time) NQF 5
- National Certificate in Advertising: Creating Digital Content (1 year part-time) NQF 5
Online short courses
- Professional Certificate in Digital Marketing (14 weeks)
- Graphic Design (14 weeks)
- Digital Content & Copywriting (12 weeks)
- Digital Marketing (10 weeks)
- Social Media Marketing (10 weeks)
- Design Thinking (10 weeks)
- User Experience Design (10 weeks)
- Data Principles & Visualisation (10 weeks)
- Marketing 101 (10 weeks)
- Performance Media (10 weeks)
- Search Engine Optimisation (10 weeks)
- Project Management (10 weeks)
- Operational Finance (10 weeks)
- People Management (10 weeks)
- Entrepreneurial Thinking (10 weeks)
- Media Planning (10 weeks)
- Marketing Strategy (6 weeks)
- Digital Marketing: Introduction (6 weeks)
- Sales and Account Management Fundamentals (5 weeks)
- Creative Thinking (5 weeks)
- Digital Marketing Learnership
- National Certificate in Advertising Learnership
- Strategic Management Learnership
- Creating Digital Content Learnership
- User Centered Design Learnership
- Design Thinking Learnership
We also have extensive experience developing custom learnership programmes for clients, for online, blended and face-to-face delivery
Skills Programmes / Custom Programmes
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Media
- Social Media
- Community Management
- Digital PR
- Digital Design
- Design Thinking
- Customer Experience
- Client Service
- Art of Management
- Presentation Skills
We also have extensive experience developing custom training programmes for clients, for online, blended and face-to-face delivery
For over 25 years, Red & Yellow students have gone on to be finalists and win local and international creative awards including the Loeries, Pendorings, Financial Mail Adfocus Student of the year and on the international stage, D&ADs, One Club and Clio Awards.
- A 25-year legacy of providing future-focused education
- Students who graduate with high-employability
- Boutique-style learning experience
- High academic standards
- Qualifications and courses that grow careers
- Well connected in the industry
- Inspiring campus that supports creative and innovative thinking
- Strong focus on close relationships with industry, exposing students to future employers and valuable real-world experience
- Personal attention from each lecturer with daily one-on-one mentoring and guidance
- Lecturers and leaders who all have real-life work experience, to ensure they understand the full extent of what they are teaching
- Students work on real-life brands to ensure they are equipped with subtle-but-important skills like presentation, communication and critical thinking
The campus is designed to facilitate our commitment to a boutique-style learning experience, with the focus on open-plan spaces that encourage interaction between peers and lecturers. The auditorium is used to host industry leaders and game-changers who offer unique talks focused on relevant topics . It’s not unusual to see students queueing up after a talk to tap into the speaker’s experience or enquire about future internship or employment opportunities.
The rooftop cafe and outside area offers the most magnificent view of Cape Town at its best, from Table Mountain to the Atlantic Ocean. Students are free to make use of this space for casual catch-ups or organised get-togethers and the space is often used for networking after conferences or events.