To build a stable and prosperous future for Africa, it is crucial that education focuses on employability for lifetime success of the learners.
Honoris is committed to enhancing the employability of its graduates by incorporating a comprehensive and mandatory work readiness program into the curricula, enabling graduates to develop soft skills and digital capabilities as well as real world competencies.
This provides graduates with a competitive advantage in the job market, empowering them to succeed in the ever-changing global economy. Honoris not only seeks to improve graduate employability, but also emphasizes the development of the next generation of entrepreneurs who will be providers of employment in the future.
Honoris approach to employability
To help prepare students to transition successfully into a future career, Honoris has developed a deliberate employability approach to achieve the greatest impact, involving:
- Expansive menu of employability services including a career readiness programmes, mentorship, skills development, and preparation for the future of work
- Career Centers both physical and digital working seamlessly together with the overarching aim of fostering community between students, alumni, professionals, and corporations
- Dedicated full-time staff including counsellors and advisors supported by local employability heads and group-wide Senior Director of Employability and Partnerships
- Rewarding relationships with key stakeholders in the employability ecosystem in public, private, NGO and SMEs, consisting of 400+ partnerships
- Industry leading digital employability and alumni platform fully deployed to drive service delivery and engagement across the network
- Critical employability skills provision such as the flagship Honoris 21st Century Skills Certificate covering personal, social, digital and entrepreneurial skills
- Continuous feedback and evaluation from third-party peers and partners on graduate outcomes